Thursday, July 18, 2013

diy: headboard

Pinterest is full of ideas for making your own headboard, and it has some downright professional ones.  Curved wood, tufted, you name it, they've got it.  I'm no where near that level, and since I can't drill into the wall in our new (rented) home I had to think of how I could hang a headboard that would be supported by a 3M removable hook.  Enter:  canvas.

What I used:  two canvases (75cm x 100cm each), 2.5m burlap, assorted brackets and screws, picture wire, 3M hooks, staples and a staple gun.


We found the 2 canvases for super cheap at "the reject shop", and then Patrick attached them with brackets, and strung picture wire tightly across:

Then I covered it with burlap fabric, with some help from my assistant:


And here's the before and after (disregard the messy bed):


It's nothing special, but it'll do!

No comments: